Top Tips To Cut Household Spending! A couple of months ago, Eoin was tasked by Claire Byrne to save €2000 in 60 minutes, he went over and above and saved over €6000 in 60 minutes. But how? He took a fictitious couple (Aoife & Sean who are living in Naas), reviewed their finances and switched some providers. Here are there areas which have the biggest savings:
- Car insurance – if it is coming up to your renewal, shop around. There are different comparison sites you can use to go to a broker who can compare for you.
- Gas and electricity – some companies offer switcher rates for a period of time or other offers to attract new customers. Shop around. You would be surprised how much you could save!
- Phone and internet – like the gas and electricity providers companies offer attractive rates for new customers.
- Personal insurance(s) – if you have personal insurance products (income protection, serious illness cover etc.) It may be worth your while to review your cover and see if you can get a better deal.
- Switch your mortgage – if you can switch your mortgage, review and compare your options. There are handy switcher tools which you can use or contact a mortgage specialist.